ISSN (Print) - 0012-9976 | ISSN (Online) - 2349-8846

A+| A| A-

TATA TEA-Surge in Domestic Demand

on the anvil. It plans to introduce 30 HP diesel engines for the agricultural tractors and 4-stroke 128cc motorcycles for introduction in the near future. The Rs 200 crore investment in the tractor division will be funded entirely through internal accruals. In the motor cycle division an investment plan of Rs 600 crore is envisaged. In a bid to consolidate its position in the telecom industry. Escorts in a joint venture with Hong Kong-based First Specific has set up Escortel Mobile with an equity of Rs 400 crore with Escorts holding a 51 per cent stake in the venture. The company has entered into a joint venture with HMT for its tractor division with a 51 per cent stake with the remaining 49 per cent to be held by HMT. The acquisition is to provide a boost to the company's tractor sales, taking it to number one position from the current number three position.

To read the full text Login

Get instant access

New 3 Month Subscription
to Digital Archives at

₹826for India

$50for overseas users

Comments

(-) Hide

EPW looks forward to your comments. Please note that comments are moderated as per our comments policy. They may take some time to appear. A comment, if suitable, may be selected for publication in the Letters pages of EPW.

Back to Top