ISSN (Print) - 0012-9976 | ISSN (Online) - 2349-8846
-A A +A

Special Articles Financing Indian Television System

TELEVISION is a very expensive pro-position. This expensiveness arises principally from the high annual cost of producing TV programmes. For ex-ample, the costs of making program-mes account for about 85 per cent of the costs of television broadcasting in the UK, and the costs of transmitting programmes account for the remaining 15 per cent.1 In the absence of reve-nue from TV commercials, the reve-nue from licence fees would be the only source for financing the annual

Subscribers please login to access full text of the article.

New 3 Month Subscription
to Digital Archives at

826for India

$50for overseas users

Get instant access to the complete EPW archives

Subscribe now

Comments

(-) Hide

EPW looks forward to your comments. Please note that comments are moderated as per our comments policy. They may take some time to appear. A comment, if suitable, may be selected for publication in the Letters pages of EPW.

Back to Top