- Book Reviews
- Special Articles
- Web Exclusives
Notes For Contributors
Contributors are requested to follow EPW's style sheet while preparing their articles. The style sheet is posted on EPW's website at http://www.epw.in/terms-policy/style-sheet.html. It will help immensely for faster processing and error-free editing if writers follow the recommended style sheet, especially with regard to citation and preparation of the bibliography.
EPW welcomes original research papers in any of the social sciences.
• Articles must be no more than 8,000 words, including notes and references. Longer articles will not be processed.
• Contributions should be sent preferably by email.
• Special articles should be accompanied by an abstract of a maximum of 150-200 words.
• Papers should not have been simultaneously submitted for publication to another journal or newspaper. If the paper has appeared earlier in a different version, we would appreciate a copy of this along with the submitted paper.
• Graphs and charts need to be prepared in MS Office (Word/Excel) and not in jpeg or other formats.
• Receipt of articles will be immediately acknowledged by email.
• Every effort is taken to complete early processing of the papers we receive. However, we receive 70 articles every week and adequate time has to be provided for internal reading and external refereeing. It can therefore take up to four months for a final decision on whether the paper for the Special Article section is accepted for publication.
• Articles accepted for publication can take up to six to eight months from date of acceptance to appear in the EPW. Papers with immediate relevance for policy would be considered for early publication. Please note that this is a matter of editorial judgment.
EPW invites short contributions to the ‘Commentary’ section on topical social, economic and political developments. These should ideally be between 1,000 and 2,500 words.
A decision on Commentary-length articles will be communicated within 6-8 weeks, or earlier.
Authors are requested to list six to eight keywords for their articles.
EPW sends out books for review. It does not normally accept unsolicited reviews. However, all reviews that are received are read with interest and unsolicited review on occasion is considered for publication.
EPW encourages researchers to comment on articles published in EPW. Submissions should be 800 to 1,600 words.
Readers of EPW are encouraged to comment (300 words) on published articles.
All letters should have the writer’s full name and postal address.
EPW welcomes submissions of 600-800 words on travel, literature, dance, music and films for publication in this section.
• Writers are requested to provide full details for correspondence: postal address, day-time phone numbers and email address.
EPW requests writers not to send revised versions based on stylistic changes/additions, deletions of references, minor changes, etc, as this poses challenges in processing. Revised versions will not be processed. When there are major developments in the field of study after the first submission, authors can send a revised version.
• EPW posts all published articles on its website and may reproduce them on CDs.
• EPW also posts all published articles on select databases.
• Copyright of all articles published in the Journal belongs to the author or to the organisation where the author is employed as determined by the
author’s terms of employment.
Permission for Reproduction
• No published article or part thereof should be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the author(s).
A soft/hard copy of the author(s)’s approval should be sent to EPW.
Address for communication:
Economic & Political Weekly
320-321, A to Z Industrial Estate
Ganpatrao Kadam Marg,
Lower Parel, Mumbai 400 013, India